Welcome back after the Thanksgiving break. Hope you all had a good time, ate lots of good food, and enjoyed the company of friends and family. We succeeded on all those counts. It was a nice break, indeed, and now we are back, albeit on our new bi-weekly winter schedule!
Photo: When we got home from market ten days ago it was raining and the temps were dropping. By Sunday morning when we awoke, this is what we found! Since then we’ve had several 12 and 14 degree nights. Uggh!
Welcome to our winter CSA season!
We have started our every-other-week schedule, and just have a small assortment of produce at the truck, where you can sign for it and have it come out of your account, just like at the farmers market stand.
Our winter delivery dates will be on the following Saturdays
DEC 7 and 21
JAN 4 and 18
FEB 1 and 15
MAR 1 and 15 and 29
APR 12 and 26
MAY 10 and ?
This week’s planned Online CSA produce
- Fruit: pears (bosc & Asian); a wide variety of apples (Fuji, Gala, Golden Delicious, Granny Smith, Idared, Jonathan, Pink Lady, Stayman, York & mixed).
- Greens: microgreens, pea shoots, young cress, chard, mustard & spinach, salad mix; bunched mixed dandelions, Lacinato, Red Russian & mixed kales, Red Rain mustard greens; and lettuce (green & red).
- Veggies: beets (Chioggia & red), broccoli, cabbage (green & red), carrots (orange & maroon), celeriac, hothouse cucumbers, garlic (white & red), horseradish, Jerusalem artichokes, leeks, onions, parsnips, potatoes (gold, red & Austrian Crescent fingerling), radishes (Black Spanish, daikon & watermelon), rutabagas, salsify, scallions, shallots, sweet potatoes, turnips (purple-top, sweet white, mixed specialty & soup mix) & winter squash (acorn & butternut).
- Herbs: 7 or 8 kinds.
- Mushrooms: crimini, Portabella & shiitake.
- Eggs, chicken, butter, cheese: eggs (brown & a new half-dozen pack of heritage); frozen stewing hens; butter; many cheeses.
- Preserves: Apple sauce & butter, honey, canned cherries & peaches, jams, jellies, ketchup, salsa, pickles & relish.
Farmer’s Pick: Green oakleaf lettuce, stir-fry greens mix, broccoli, LG garlic, onion, 2# red potatoes, daikon radishes, butternut squash, 1/2# crimini brown mushrooms, 2# mixed pears.
CSA volunteers at the truck last Saturday
Thanks to Alexandra, Sharmin & Greg for their help long ago, on November 23rd. We really appreciate your help! During the winter our daughter Anna helps me hand out the boxes at the truck. You guys are off the hook until June!
Your appreciative farmers,
Randy, Chris & Sam @ Star Hollow Farm